The Win32/DownloadGuide.F is a deadly dangerous computer infection that falls in the category of Trojan family of infections. The Win32/DownloadGuide.F is a tricky Trojan horse that always attacks the system secretly without giving any hint to the user, and when it setteled down in the system files folder, it start showing its symptoms. You will feel that the behavior of your system changed suddenly because of the presence of this malicious application. The hackers use this virus for the fraudulent purposes after accessing the targeted PC and connecting it to a remote server. First of all it disables your antivirus and other important system utilities to avoid any detection or removal effort, and in this process you can get infected from additional parasites as the security of your computer compromised. After that, it takes control of your default browser and you will feel that your browsing is not in your control as all your web searches automatically redirected towards phishing websites where you are forced to make click on the suspicious links. It uses different tricks to access your passwords,a nd monitor your browsing habbits to show the targeted pop-up ads. All such activities are aimed to empty your bank accounts and credit card. Apart from that, it also makes your system extremely slow.
Removal of Win32/DownloadGuide.F
Once it becomes obvious that the Win32/DownloadGuide.F Trojan horse is available in your system, you have to find a way to get yourself out of this situation. In this regard, you can try some automatic removal tools. Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also available that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before doing anything else, you need to boot the system in the safe mode after terminating the normal mode of operation. In this regard, restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Select the safe mode once you are able to see the list before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and select the processes tab under the task manager window. Remove the following associated processes of the wrapper.z5x.net before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer and proceed to the system files folder. Erase the following associated files of the Win32/DownloadGuide.F by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through Run option available in the Start Menu. Once you are able to start the registry editor, remove the following associated entries of the Win32/DownloadGuide.F:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/DownloadGuide.F\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/DownloadGuide.F\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/DownloadGuide.F\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/DownloadGuide.F\DisplayName Win32/DownloadGuide.F
Restart the PC in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully or still available, and run a complete system scan after updating the current antivirus program.