The Win32:Downloader-RTQ is a nasty computer worm that is classified as a Trojan infection. The Win32:Downloader-RTQ is used by the hackers to download additional malware, spyware, and Trojans on the infected computer without providing any information to the user. Besides affecting the system operation badly, this dangerous Trojan is also responsible for displaying the annoying pop-up messages on the screen of the infected system in the bulk quantity. The hacked web pages, and spam email attachments are the most common methods of distributing this Trojan infection. You will notice that the computer starts responding slowly, and especially the speed of browsing becomes super slow. This malicious application modifies the windows registry by creating corrupt entries, and try to access the confidential details of the user, such as bank account credentials, credit card numbers, shopping preferences, browsing history, and emails. The Win32:Downloader-RTQ is known as a resource eater that eats a high amount of system resources which results in screen freezes as well as system crashes.
Removal of Win32:Downloader-RTQ
The Win32:Downloader-RTQ is a serious kind of parasite that should be removed as quickly as possible to protect the data and system. You can get rid of this virus manually as well as automatically. The manual removal process is a bit complicated for the novice computer users that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the manual removal process, it is compulsory to boot the PC in the safe mode. In this regard, Restart the system, and while the system is restarted, you have to strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options screen. Once the boot options screen appeared on the screen, you have to select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this method is getting rid of the associated processes of this Trojan infection. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background. Kill the following associated processes of the Win32:Downloader-RTQ:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and get rid of the following associated files of the Win32:Downloader-RTQ by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the corrupt additions made by this Trojan in the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries associated with the Win32:Downloader-RTQ:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32:Downloader-RTQ\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32:Downloader-RTQ\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32:Downloader-RTQ\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32:Downloader-RTQ\DisplayName Win32:Downloader-RTQ
You have to reboot the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see the effect of recent changes.