The WIN32:Crypt-OSW is a newly discovered Trojan infection that has recently attacked the windows based computers all over the world. This infection mostly spreads through the networks, and it is developed with a new technique that has the ability to hide itself deep in the roots; therefore, you cannot detect or remove this infection through any security tool. This lethal Trojan infection is a serious threat for the privacy of your personal details such as passwords, user names, credit card details, and browsing history. The WIN32:Crypt-OSW is capable of degrading the overall performance of the PC which results in frequent crashes, and freezes. You are unable to surf on the web freely because of this nasty Trojan as it modifies most of the browser settings. The WIN32:Crypt-OSW crates fake registry entries in the windows registry due to which this application starts automatically every time you starts the windows.
The Manual Removal of WIN32:Crypt-OSW
To minimize the loss of the data as well as resources, you have to remove this infection at the earliest. In this regard you have two different options manual as well as automatic removal. The automatic removal is easy; whereas, the manual removal process is extremely hard and only recommended to the advanced level users. The set of instructions for the manual removal of the WIN32:Crypt-OSW is described below :-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The safe mode access is extremely important to start the manual removal process In this regard, you need to restart the system, and open the boot options screen by using the F8 key repeatedly. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option and hit the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to kill the malicious processes created by this lethal Trojan infection. This can be done by accessing the task manager for which you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the Processes tab to remove the following suspicious processes and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once the removal of the associated processes is done, you have to get rid of the data that is related to this Trojan virus. You have to delete the following associated files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\ WIN32:Crypt-OSW.lnk
- %Programs%\ WIN32:Crypt-OSW\ WIN32:Crypt-OSW.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to clean the windows registry by removing the modifications in the windows registry. Access the registry editor by clicking the start menu, select the Run option, and write “regedit.exe”. Delete the following corrupt entries and delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ WIN32:Crypt-OSW\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ WIN32:Crypt-OSW
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ WIN32:Crypt-OSW\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ WIN32:Crypt-OSW\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ WIN32:Crypt-OSW\DisplayName WIN32:Crypt-OSW
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes, and also run a system scan to remove any infections caused by the WIN32:Crypt-OSW.