The Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C is a malicious application that is categorized as a toolbar infection that always attacks the windows based systems without providing any prior notice to the user. The Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C can replicate itself, and you cannot remove this infection through normal removal methods. This toolbar automatically added to your browser without any manual intervention, and the main purpose of this toolbar virus is to dictate its terms while surfing on the web. It has the qualities to connect your system to a remote server managed by the hackers and all your browsing activities will be monitored by these hackers. Gradually, it starts showing the targeted pop-up ads that matches your browsing preferences, and you will be automatically diverted towards porn websites. This toolbar infection can appear on all the popular browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer. You can see some new icons on your desktop, and a lot of annoying pop-up messages appears on the screen whenever you are connected to the internet. The system speed decreases because of the presence of the Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C.
Removal of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C
First of all you have to confirm its presence, and once it becomes obvious that the system is com[promised to the Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C infection, you have to remove it through an effective method. There are manual as well as automatic methods available in this regard. The manual removal of this malware is a complicated process, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process can only be started by terminating the normal mode, and accessing the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options. Strike the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list.
End the Malicious Processes
Once system is accessed in the safe mode, you have to open the task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and delete the associated processes of this Trojan horse. Click on the processes tab under the task manager window, and remove the following suspicious processes one by one by using the End Process button before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Get rid of the following associated files of the Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Erase the changes made by this Toolbar virus in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit”. After accessing the registry editor, you have to eliminate the following supported entries of the Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C.C\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C.C\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C.C\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C.C\DisplayName Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.C.C
Close the registry editor, Restart the computer in the normal mode, and run a system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.