Once installed, it immediately hijacks the default browser on the infected machine, and redirect all the searches of the user towards malicious web pages. It makes your system unresponsive as well as unstable within a short time. To start automatically every time the user starts the windows, this dangerous virus modify the entries in the windows registry. Once installed, this malicious application makes your system extremely slow, and you will also notice that the system is behaving weirdly. It has the ability to damage the crucial system files along with the important data files, and change the settings of the system completely. It can cause severe level damage to the infected machine if not remove quickly. You cannot perform your regular tasks as the computer starts behaving strangely because of this dangerous browser hijacker.
The Manual Removal of Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit
Once the Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit is detected in the system, the user need to remove this virus without wasting any time to minimize the damage. This virus can be removed through manual removal method and by using any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal method is detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to restart the computer and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Once you are able to see the boot options, you have to select the safe mode option before pressing the “Enter” key to start your computer in the safe mode instead of the normal mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
When the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes by accessing the list of processes available under the “Processes” tab in the windows task manager. The windows task manager can be accessed by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once you are able to see the list of processes, you have to find and delete the following suspicious files:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are required to delete the following associated files from the system files folder by using the “Delete” key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit.lnk
- %Programs%\Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit\Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the modifications in the windows registry. To do this, you have to access the registry editor by using the “regedit.exe” command through the “Run” option in the “Start Menu”. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following suspicious entries one by one, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit\DisplayName Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit
Start the system in the normal mode, and check how effectively you have removed the Win32/BaiduSP Rootkit infection from your computer.