The Win32.zeroll.iconstructor is a malicious application classified as an adware program that is developed recently by the hackers to attack the windows based systems. The Win32.zeroll.iconstructor is not like the normal adware programs that are designed only to run pop-up ads on the browser. Instead of that, it is a virus that can damage your computer in many ways. This is a serious threat for the privacy of your data, and your personal details including credit card information remains at high risk as long as this virus remains in the system. Besides running annoying pop-up ads, the Win32.zeroll.iconstructor is also responsible of frequent redirects, and shows fake search results when you try to search something on the web. This malicious program is an extremely effective tool for the hackers to steal the personal information along with the browsing history, and then use this information to steal the money of the users. The Win32.zeroll.iconstructor is also known as a resource eater adware program that utilizes a high percentage of total system resources.
Removal of Win32.zeroll.iconstructor
After knowing that the computer is a victim of the Win32.zeroll.iconstructor adware program, you need to take immediate steps to clean the system. You can select automatic or manual removal method in this regard, according to your level of expertise. The manual removal of this malware is complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The complicated steps of the manual removal process can be started after booting the computer in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the computer, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. You have to press the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option once the boot options are displayed on your screen.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to start the task manager, and click on the Processes tab. Get rid of the associated processes of this malware. Under the task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab, and remove the following suspicious processes one by one by using the End Process button before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you successfully remove the associated processes, you have to erase the following malicious files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Get rid of the suspicious entries from the windows registry to complete this process. Open the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. After accessing the registry editor, you have to eradicate the following supported entries of the Win32.zeroll.iconstructor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32.zeroll.iconstructor\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32.zeroll.iconstructor\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32.zeroll.iconstructor\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32.zeroll.iconstructor\DisplayName Win32.zeroll.iconstructor
Reboot the PC, and access the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully. Do not forget to run a system scan after updating your antivirus.