The Win32.Sanity.N is a fake antivirus application that is developed to run unstoppable pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computer and steal the personal financial information of the user. Once downloaded it remains resident in the background, and every time you start the windows it run automatically. The Win32.Sanity.N has the ability to damage the sensitive registry entries which can cause permanent damage to your computer. When it is installed on any computer, it will run a fake system can which shows that your computer is at severe risk. When you try to fix the errors mentioned in that fake scan, you will be asked to purchase an upgraded version of this software. Even if you pay them to buy the upgraded version, it will not help you at all as this nothing more than a malicious application designed to take your money away.
Manual Removal Method of Win32.Sanity.N
When you are able to detect the Win32.Sanity.N in your computer, you have to remove it quickly either by following the instructions of the manual removal program, or by using an automatic removal tool. The problem with the manual removal method is if you fail to execute the instructions as they are mentioned, it can lead you towards severe damage. Following are the steps that you are required to complete in the manual removal process:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first step of manual removal process is starting the computer in safe mode by terminating the normal mode. This can be done by restarting the PC, and pressing F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode option, and press enter key to restart the PC in safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the system is starting work in the safe mode, it is time to get rid of the malicious attached processes. You have to open the task manager and hit the processes tab to find and delete the following processes considered as related to the Win32.Sanity.N:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After ending the associated processes, you need to remove the following files. You can use the file explorer to find these files, and delete key to remove them:-
Delete Registry Entries
After getting rid of the associated and infected files, the final step of manual removal process is cleaning the windows registry. To remove the corrupt registry entries, you need to open the registry editor which can be done by using the Run option available in the start menu. You have to write the RegEdit command, and when the registry editor opened, you need to find and delete the following suspicious registry entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32.Sanity.N\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32.Sanity.N\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32.Sanity.N\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Win32.Sanity.N\DisplayName Win32.Sanity.N
Close the registry editor after removing the above mentioned entries, and restart the system in the normal mode.