The Win Internet Security 2013 is a parasite that comes under the category of ransomware. This program presents itself as a useful system tool, but in reality this has nothing to do with the security of your system, instead of that, this is a virus which can be harmful for any windows based computer. This malicious application spreads through compromised websites, social media links, online offers, and spam email attachments. After installing itself on the computer, it will run pop-up ads, and perform fake scans which show that your computer is at high risk. You are always encouraged to buy this malicious application through these pop-up ads. It has the ability to bypass as well as disable your current antivirus program. You are unable to run any kind of executable file on your computer once the Win Internet Security 2013 installed on your computer.
How to Remove Win Internet Security 2013 manually?
You need to remove this dangerous ransomware at your earliest once it is detected on your system. You can remove it with the help of any reliable automatic tool within just a few clicks of the mouse, and also by using the following instructions of removing this threat manually:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
Restart the computer, and use F8 key to start the boot options menu. Once you are able to see the list of boot options, you have to select the safe mode, and use enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After the infected PC starts working in the safe mode, you can end the processes that are associated with the Win Internet Security 2013. This can be done by starting the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, After the task manager window started on the screen of your system, you have to make a click on the processes tab to kill the following processes associated with this ransomware:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once you have completed the removal of associated processes, you have to delete the related files of this ransomware. In this regard you have to find as well as delete the following files from your system:-
- %Desktopdir%\Internet Security 2013.lnk
- %Programs%\Internet Security 2013\Internet Security 2013.lnk
Clean the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to delete the registry entries created by this dangerous application. You have to start the registry editor by opening the start menu, and select “Run” option, and write the “RegEdit” command. After opening the registry editor, you have to navigate towards following registry entries, and delete them immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security 2013\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security 2013
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security 2013\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security 2013\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security 2013\DisplayName Internet Security 2013
After deleting the above mentioned entries, you have to close the registry editor window, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently.