The weDownload Manager Toolbar is a lethal infection that often sneaks in the computers without getting permission from the user. Once entered, the weDownload Manager Toolbar infection changes the internet settings including the search preferences, and redirect all the searching efforts of the user towards the affiliate websites for the purpose of traffic generation, and make money through commissions of the pay per click advertising. The weDownload Manager Toolbar is quite irritating when it divert you towards unwanted websites. This malicious application introduce itself as a useful tool, but in reality, this is a totally fake application that is nothing more than a computer infection, and can damage the system in many different ways.
The Manual Removal of weDownload Manager Toolbar
After confirming the presence of the weDownload Manager Toolbar inside the system, your objective is to get rid of this virus through a powerful removal method. You can select any automatic removal method, besides that the manual removal is also available to delete this virus. The success of the manual removal process largely depends on the expertise of the user. Following are the steps used in the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must start the system in the safe mode in order to start the manual removal process of the weDownload Manager Toolbar virus. Restart the PC, and access the boot options list with the help of the F8 key. Once you can see the list of boot options, you have to select the safe mode option from the available list before pressing the Enter key which will boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the infected machine starts working in the safe mode, you have to delete the processes related to the weDownload Manager Toolbar infection. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and select the process tab where you have to remove the following associated processes of this malicious application:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer and access the system files folder to remove the following files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\weDownload Manager Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\weDownload Manager Toolbar\weDownload Manager Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor by opening the start menu, select Run, and type regedit.exe in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find as well as remove the following malicious entries made by this virus, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\weDownload Manager Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\weDownload Manager Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\weDownload Manager Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\weDownload Manager Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\weDownload Manager Toolbar\DisplayName weDownload Manager Toolbar
Restart the computer but this time in the normal mode to analyze the success or failure of the manual removal efforts. You also need to update the antivirus, and run a complete system scan to complete the manual removal process.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic WEDOWNLOAD MANAGER TOOLBAR removal Tool.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the WEDOWNLOAD MANAGER TOOLBAR,do submit your comments to get clarified.