The Websearchinc.net is a malicious website that is actually a browser hijacker developed by the cyber crooks to infect the windows based platforms. It spreads by registering as a useful toolbar for all the popular browsers, but as soon as it settled down in the windows operating system, it performs several destructing activities that can lead you to the permanent damage of the data as well as resources. This dangerous computer virus distributed through malicious websites, spam social media links, and p2p sharing of files. This deadly dangerous browser hijacker is hard to detect or remove through any powerful antivirus tool. This is actually a scam that is developed to trap the users by stealing their sensitive financial details and then use these details in the online frauds. This browser hijacker hides itself wisely in the system files folder, and keeps changing the names as well as location.
The Manual Removal of Websearchinc.net
The complete removal of the Websearchinc.net browser hijacker is not possible with your antivirus software. The complete removal of this browser hijacker is possible either by using the automatic tools designed specifically to delete this infection, or by following the manual removal steps. The instructions for the manual removal of the Websearchinc.net are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The process will be started once your PC starts operating in the safe mode. To start the PC in the safe mode, you need to restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to access the boot options menu. Choose the safe mode option from the available list of options, and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the list of processes running in the background of your system by opening the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, select the Processes tab, and remove the following malicious processes associated with the Websearchinc.net browser hijacker virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the associated data of the Websearchinc.net from the system files folder in your local partition. Remove the following files from there by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you need to remove the alterations from the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the “regedit.exe” command through Run option available in the Start menu. Delete the following associated entries of the Websearchinc.net browser hijacker by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearchinc.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearchinc.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearchinc.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearchinc.net\DisplayName Websearchinc.net
Close the registry editor, and reboot the infected system in the normal mode to see the result of the manual removal process. Run a complete system scan after updating the current antivirus software to remove the infections created by the Websearchinc.net infection.