The Websearch.toolksearchbook.info redirect virus is a nasty computer infection designed by the hackers with the clear intention of infecting the computers using windows operating systems, and gain financial benefits through illegal methods. Mostly this virus enters in the system when you download freeware from un-trusted websites, open spam email attachments, use infected removable storage devices, and perform unsafe browsing. This malicious application I compatible with all the browsers, including the Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Once installed, it makes several changes in your system without your consent. You will notice that the home page of your browser is changed to Websearch.toolksearchbook.info. Besides that, it also collects the valuable personal information of the targeted user, such as names, emails, passwords, credit card details, and browsing history. The speed of the system becomes super slow as most of the system resources are eaten by this redirect virus.
Removal of Websearch.toolksearchbook.info redirect virus
The Websearch.toolksearchbook.info is a serious threat for the overall security of your data, and required to be removed swiftly as well as effectively. There are manual as well as the automatic removal methods are available in this regard. For the novice computer users, we recommend the automatic removal method; however, the manual removal is also possible that is detailed below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
You can proceed into the steps of manual removal process after accessing the safe mode on your PC. In this regard, restart the system to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options screen. Select the safe mode from the list of options, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After starting the system in the safe mode, you are required to access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your computer. You have to end the following associated processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to locate as well as remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder at your earliest:-
- %Desktopdir%\Websearch.toolksearchbook.info Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Websearch.toolksearchbook.info Redirect Virus\Websearch.toolksearchbook.info Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to clean the windows registry by reversing the modifications made by this redirect virus. In this regard, open the registry editor through Regedit command that you can execute from the Run option of the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following malicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.toolksearchbook.info Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.toolksearchbook.info Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.toolksearchbook.info Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.toolksearchbook.info Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.toolksearchbook.info Redirect Virus\DisplayName Websearch.toolksearchbook.info Redirect Virus
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor and evaluate the success of the manual removal process. Run a complete system scan through your current antivirus program.