The Websearch.pur-esult.info is a new addition in the long list of browser hijacker viruses that always enter in the computer without asking for the permission from the user. This deadly dangerous browser hijacker can infect all major browsers including the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer. Once installed, the Websearch.pur-esult.info redirects all your searching efforts towards mysterious and suspicious websites where you are encouraged to purchase certain type of unwanted products. This malicious application spreads mostly through the freeware especially through free video software programs such as video converters, and video players. This browser hijacker is a lethal weapon for the hackers and online criminals to get the remote access of your computer as well as your financial data which can be used to steal your money. Once installed the Websearch.pur-esult.info makes your computer slow in responding as it utilize most of your system resources.
The Manual Removal of Websearch.pur-esult.info
The Websearch.pur-esult.info enters in the computers secretly; therefore, you need to confirm its presence before starting to remove it. You can remove this browser hijacker manually as well as automatically. The manual removal method is only recommended to the advanced level computer users as it involves several complicated steps that are as under:-.
Start the System in Safe Mode
After confirming the presence of this malicious application you have to restart the computer, and use the F8 button repeatedly to see the options regarding booting. Select the safe mode and press the enter key to terminate the normal mode, and boot the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system restarted in the safe mode, the next task is the removal of the associated processes of this threat. These malicious processes can be seen under the processes tab in the windows task manager which can be accessed through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. You have to delete the following malicious processes related to the Websearch.pur-esult.info by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the system files folder and remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Websearch.pur – esult.info .lnk
- %Programs%\Websearch.pur – esult.info \Websearch.pur – esult.info .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing all of the above mentioned steps, in the end, you have to clean the windows registry. You can do this by accessing the registry editor through RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the start menu. You have to remove the following entries immediately by using the registry editor and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.pur – esult.info \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.pur – esult.info
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.pur – esult.info \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.pur – esult.info \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.pur – esult.info \DisplayName Websearch.pur – esult.info
Run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus program after restarting the computer in the normal mode to see whether you have removed this virus successfully or otehrwise.