The Websearch.oversearch.info is a tricky computer virus categorized as a browser hijacker infection, and attacks the windows based computers secretly. This malicious application is used by the hackers to redirect your searches and divert you towards unknown websites. Besides that, the Websearch.oversearch.info infection also cause to display the annoying pop-up ads to promote various low quality products and generate traffic on the low ranked websites. Mostly, this maliciuous browser hijacker divert the searches towards the commercial sites that are used for unethical advertising. Once installed, the Websearch.oversearch.info is capable of blocking the antivirus software and other security trools installed on the system to prevent the detection. The cyber crooks use this virus as a tool to promote porn products, and generate traffic on these adult websites. Most probably you will get infected by this lethal browser hiojacker while downloading the freeware from the unauthenticated sources. The Websearch.oversearch.info virus also changes the security setting inside the infected system due to which you can easily get additional infections. The overall speed, and the efficiency of the computer also got affected.
The Manual Removal of Websearch.oversearch.info
Once the Websearch.oversearch.info virus attacks the system, your objective is to remove this virus effeciently. You can do this by using any automatic removal tool easily available online. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available which complicated and only appropriate for the advanced level users. The manual removal steps are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the infected computer and use the F8 to access the boot options menu. When you are able to see the boot options menu, select the safe mode option with the help of the arrow key, and press the enter button to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of running processes. Kill the following malicious processes before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this complicated manual removal process is removal of the associated files. In this regard, you have to open the system files folder and remove the following associated files one by one with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you are required to clean the registry section of your windows operating system. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the start menu and executing the “regedit.exe” command. Remove the following entries created by the Websearch.oversearch.info infection once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.oversearch.info\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.oversearch.info\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.oversearch.info\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.oversearch.info\DisplayName Websearch.oversearch.info
Close the registry editor after completing the above mentioned steps, and restart the PC in the normal mode.