The Websearch.brandthunder.com is a dangerous parasite which is categorized as a browser hijacker. This notorious browser hijacker application has the ability to redirect all your searches towards the domains related to their own websites. The basic purpose of this malicious application is to drive more traffic to the websites of the developers, and get financial benefits by selling low quality products. The Websearch.brandthunder.com can change all your browser settings including the default search engine, homepage, and DNS settings due to which your browser went out of your control completely. This dangerous browser hijacker can infect all the major browsers including the Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. This malicious application is also used to run the third party advertisement where the user is encouraged to buy these products so that the developers of this virus get commissions.
Manual Removal Method of Websearch.brandthunder.com
Once detected in any system the Websearch.brandthunder.com needed to be removed without any delay. You can get rid of this notorious browser hijacker either by using an automatic removal tool, or through the manual removal method. One thing which you need to remember about the manual removal method is, for the novice users this method is not appropriate. Following are the steps of the manual removal method:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you have to do is, terminate the normal mode of the infected computer by restarting it, and use F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode option to start your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the infected system starts working in the safe mode, you have to start the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab to see the processes list running in the background. You have to delete the following associated processes of Websearch.brandthunder.com:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After getting rid of the processes related to this dangerous threat, you have to remove the files and folders attached to Websearch.brandthunder.com. You have to look for the following files in the system files folder and delete them quickly:-
Delete Registry Entries
The manual removal process cannot be completed unless you do not clean the windows registry from the corrupt entries created by this browser hijacker. You have to keep in mind that changes in the registry carried out through the registry editor. Registry editor can be started by executing the “RegEdit” command in the run option on the start menu. In the registry editor you have to find and delete the following associated entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.brandthunder.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.brandthunder.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.brandthunder.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.brandthunder.com\DisplayName Websearch.brandthunder.com
After removing the above entries, you need to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode. You also need to run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus program.