We can say this browser hijacker has the ability to take complete control of your browser as well as other online activities. The Websearch.a-searchpage.info can redirect all your searching efforts towards phishing websites where you are asked to purchase the unknown products from the unreliable providers. Besides the above mentioned harmful activities, this malicious browser hijacker also runs annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your system due to which it is impossible for you to perform your daily routine tasks on your computer. As soon as this notorious browser hijacker installed on your computer, it starts eating the system resources which reflect in the overall performance of the computer.
The Manual Removal of Websearch.a-searchpage.info
Once your computer shows the signs of the Websearch.a-searchpage.info, you have to confirm its presence, and think about the removal of this malicious virus. You can get rid of this parasite manually as well as by using any automatic tool. The success of the manual removal method depends on the expertise of the user. The manual removal process is detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The removal of this malicious application starts from rebooting the computer in the safe mode. While the machine restarts, you have to use the F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode and hit the Enter key to restart your system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the computer starts in the safe mode, you have to proceed towards the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, select the processes tab where you can see the list of running processes on your computer. You have to remove the following processes from the list quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to open the system files folder, and delete the following files from there by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to reverse the modification or changes occurred in the windows registry because of this dangerous browser hijacker. This can be done by accessing the registry editor through the Run option of the Stat menu. Once the registry editor is visible, you have to remove the following associated entries of this browser hijacker, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.a-searchpage.info\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.a-searchpage.info\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.a-searchpage.info\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Websearch.a-searchpage.info\DisplayName Websearch.a-searchpage.info
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently. Update your existing anti virus program to run a system scan on the PC.