The WebGoRadio Toolbar is a lethal computer infection that is designed and developed recently to infect the windows based computers all over the world. This malicious application is designed in a way that it will take complete control of your browsing after settling down in the system. This infection is categorized as a browser hijacker, and can install add-ons in the browser without getting the consent of the user. The WebGoRadio Toolbar sneaks in the computers while opening the junk mail attachments, removable storage devices, and unsafe browsing. Once installed, the WebGoRadio Toolbar starts collecting the most confidential details about the carefully selected users. These details might include the bank account credentials, credit card details, emails, passwords, and shopping preferences. This malicious application keeps diverting your search results towards unknown and unwanted websites. It reduces the overall performance of the system as well as the speed.
Removal of WebGoRadio Toolbar
Once you notice the presence of the WebGoRadio Toolbar inside the computer, it is time to think about how to remove this nasty browser hijacker. In this regard, you have got two options, manual removal and using automatic tool to get rid of this virus. The manual removal process is a bit too much for the novice computer users which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is important to boot the system in the safe mode in order to start the manual removal process. You have to change the mode of operation from normal to safe by restarting the infected system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Choose the safe mode from the list before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode of your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and clicks on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. Kill the following processes associated with the WebGoRadio Toolbar infection with the help of the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of processes, you have to get rid of the associated data of the WebGoRadio Toolbar. Access the system files folder with the help of file explorer, and delete the following files as quickly as possible:-
- %Desktopdir%\WebGoRadio Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\WebGoRadio Toolbar\WebGoRadio Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but not least you have to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. This can be done by accessing the registry editor. In this regard, you have to click on the start menu, select Run, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the Ok button. Get rid of the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WebGoRadio Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WebGoRadio Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WebGoRadio Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WebGoRadio Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WebGoRadio Toolbar\DisplayName WebGoRadio Toolbar
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor. Do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus.