The Webexp Enhanced pop-ups is recently discovered potentially unwanted program that is classified as an adware. This malicious application installed on the system without giving prior notice to you, and immediately after getting installed, it alters your home page, search provider, and desktop background. Once this malicious application sneaks into the system, it disables some of the important processes, and blocks your task manager. After disabling your antivirus, it also alters the windows firewall, and open the doors for the additional threats. It also disturbs your routine work by diverting the unnecessary web traffic on your screen, and all this activity is carried out for purely commercial purposes. The Webexp Enhanced pop-ups also blocks your IP address from visiting some of the important website, and you cannot detect it through normal antivirus program. The speed of the system also affected badly because of this virus.
Removal of Webexp Enhanced pop-ups
After discovering the Webexp Enhanced pop-ups in your system, you have to realize the seriousness of this issue and take immediate steps to remove this virus completely from the system. You can remove this virus through any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal of this nasty adware infection is also available, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to start the PC in the safe mode to carry on with the manual removal process of the Webexp Enhanced pop-ups. To do this, you have to restart the infected machine and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to get rid of the associated processes of the Webexp Enhanced pop-ups. In this regard, you have to open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and clicks on the processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the system. Find and delete the following processes one by one by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some of the suspicious files that you need to find and remove from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Webexp Enhanced pop-ups.lnk
- %Programs%\Webexp Enhanced pop-ups\Webexp Enhanced pop-ups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to reverse the modifications in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box. After accessing the registry editor, you have to delete the following entries associated with the Webexp Enhanced pop-ups:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webexp Enhanced pop-ups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webexp Enhanced pop-ups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webexp Enhanced pop-ups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webexp Enhanced pop-ups\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webexp Enhanced pop-ups\DisplayName Webexp Enhanced pop-ups
Close the registry editor before starting the PC in the normal mode. Update your existing antivirus program to run a complete system scan on your computer.