The WebCake 3.00 is a dangerous computer infection that sneaks in the system without your permission, and drops a number of other parasites to make the already infected system more vulnerable. This is an adware program that is designed by the cyber crooks to gain the financial benefits through illegal activities. Once entered, and settled in the computer, the WebCake 3.00 virus stops your access to many useful applications, and you are unable to open any executable file on your computer. This malicious application is capable of destroying the important system files that are necessary to run a system, and also removed most accessed data file folders. The performance of the computer becomes extremely miserable once this adware attacks the system. The WebCake 3.00 changes the environment of the system completely by modifying the system settings in order to dictate its own terms.
The Manual Removal of WebCake 3.00
Once it is clear that the PC is compromised to the WebCake 3.00, you have to take quick steps to eliminate this nasty adware program from your computer. The manual removal process is only recommended for the professional computer users because of its complications. The instructions for the manual removal process of the WebCake 3.00 infection are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process you have to boot the computer in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC, and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list, and hit the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
End the malicious associated process of the WebCake 3.00 infection, once the system is starts working in the safe mode. Open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and access the list of all the running processes by clicking the processes tab in the task manager window. You have to delete the following malicious processes created by this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of this lethal adware program from the system files folder of the local partition of your hard drive:-
- %Desktopdir%\Webcake 3.00.lnk
- %Programs%\Webcake 3.00\Webcake 3.00.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing the above mentioned steps are completed successfully, you have to access the registry editor by executing the “regedit.exe” command through Run option of the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the WebCake 3.00 adware infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webcake 3.00\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webcake 3.00
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webcake 3.00\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webcake 3.00\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webcake 3.00\DisplayName Webcake 3.00
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal efforts before running a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus software.