The Webbrowsersearch.com is a dangerous application that is categorized as a browser hijacker. It install itself as a legitimate search engine that helps users in web searching, but in reality this is a tool that is used by hackers to get remote access of the windows based computers. Once installed, the Webbrowsersearch.com hide itself intelligently along with some of the most important windows files due to which it is not easy for the users to find and remove the associated files. Besides that, this tricky browser hijacker is also able to create the startup keys in the windows registry to keep itself active when you start the computer.
The Manual Removal of Webbrowsersearch.com
Once the system is compromised to Webbrowsersearch.com, you have to remove it at your earliest to avoid the loss of data, and resources. Though there are automatic tools available to get rid of the Webbrowsersearch.com, but you can also remove it manually. The manual removal instructions are complicated for the novice users, and consist of the following steps:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
When you computer is running in the normal mode, you are unable to remove any of associated or infected data, because there are malicious process running in the background. You have to terminate the normal mode of the computer by restarting it, and hit F8 key to access the boot options. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option to start your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
You have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the task manager. Once you are able to see the task manager, you have to select Processes tab to see the list of running processes, from which you are required to find and delete the following malicious processes that are associated with the Webbrowsersearch.com:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
You have to find and delete the following files from the system files folder to get rid of the Webbrowsersearch.com:-
- %Desktopdir%\Webbrowsersearch.com .lnk
- %Programs%\Webbrowsersearch.com \Webbrowsersearch.com .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Before completing the manual removal process you have to remove the registry entries created by this tricky browser hijacker. You need to click the Start button available in the bottom of your screen, and select the Run option where you have to write RegEdit command in the box to open the registry editor. In the registry editor, you have to delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webbrowsersearch.com \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webbrowsersearch.com \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webbrowsersearch.com \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Webbrowsersearch.com \DisplayName Webbrowsersearch.com
Once done, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process. Update the antivirus, and run system scan to avoid infections.