The Web Suggestor Toolbar is a virus that is considered as an adware program and installed on the system without getting the consent of the user. Mostly this infection sneaks in the computer while running any installer of software in which the Web Suggestor Toolbar is normally attached. Once this malicious toolbar added in your browser, you will see that the browser speed is decreased considerably due to which you cannot open any website. It changes the DNS setting in the infected system as soon as it enters in the computer which caused redirection of the searches, and display annoying pop-up ads in the bulk quantity on the screen. This malicious application also changes the windows firewall and disable the security tools to avoid any detection or removal effort.
The Manual Removal of Web Suggestor Toolbar
After getting your system infected by the Web Suggestor Toolbar virus, you are required to take immediate steps to remove this infection. There are both manual as well as automatic removal options are available in this regard. The manual removal process is available but only recommended for the professional computer users. The instructions for the manual removal of the Web Suggestor Toolbar virus are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process will be started once you boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the PC, and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list of boot options and hit the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager and delete the associated processes of this nasty virus. You can see the list of all the running processes under the processes tab in the task manager window from which you have to delete the following malicious processes associated with the Web Suggestor Toolbar virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the process issue, you have to open the file explorer, proceed to the system files folder, and delete the following associated files of this lethal infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\Web Suggestor Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Web Suggestor Toolbar\Web Suggestor Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Once all the above mentioned steps are completed successfully, you have to access the registry editor by executing the “regedit.exe” command through Run option of the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Web Suggestor Toolbar virus, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web Suggestor Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web Suggestor Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web Suggestor Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web Suggestor Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web Suggestor Toolbar\DisplayName Web Suggestor Toolbar
Boot the system in the normal mode before running a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus software to complete the manual removal of the Web Suggestor Toolbar infection.