The Web.longfintuna.net popup is a recently developed adware virus that has infected thousands of windows based computers in the different parts of the world. This malicious application is extremely dangerous threat as it can damage the windows registry, disable your security tools, and modify the system settings in a way that you do not have any control over your system. This dangerous adware can infect all the previous as well as recent versions of the windows operating system. The Web.longfintuna.net popup virus is used by the hackers as a tool to generate traffic on the desired website and make commissions by selling the affiliate products. This adware is always bundled with the additional parasites that can cause permanent damage to your computer.
The Manual Removal of Web.longfintuna.net popup
Once you are able to know that the Web.longfintuna.net popup virus entered in the system, you have to find a way to clean the system. There are manual as well as automatic removal methods of removing this adware are available. The manual removal is only recommended for the computer professionals, and the instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before doing anything else you have to boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot menu. In the boot options menu, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to remove the associated processes of the Web.longfintuna.net popup infection. After accessing the task manager, select the processes tab where you can see the list of running processes, and remove the following corrupt processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are able to complete the above mentioned steps, you have to remove the associated files of this infection. In this regard, Open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files along with their folders with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Web.longfintuna.net Redirect Popup.lnk
- %Programs%\Web.longfintuna.net Redirect Popup\Web.longfintuna.net Redirect Popup.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the malicious entries created by this adware in the windows registry. Click on the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the Enter key to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries associated with this infection from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.longfintuna.net Redirect Popup\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.longfintuna.net Redirect Popup
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.longfintuna.net Redirect Popup\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.longfintuna.net Redirect Popup\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.longfintuna.net Redirect Popup\DisplayName Web.longfintuna.net Redirect Popup
By using an updated version of the anitivirus software, run a complete system scan after restarting the system in the normal mode.