The Web.longfintuna.net is a deadly dangerous computer virus that belongs from the browser hijacker family of parasites, and attacks the system suddenly without providing any prior information to the user. This lethal browser hijacker modifies most of the system settings as soon as it entered in the computer, and take total control of your online activities. You will see that the home page, default search engine, and default browser is changed, and whatever website you try to search, you will be redirected towards unknown places. If you are unable to remove this infection quickly, you will notice more annoying things happens while performing the daily routine tasks on your PC. If there is any personal details are stored in the hard drive of your PC, this malicious application transfers these details to the hackers who then use it for the fraudulent purposes. The overall system performance along with the speed of the browsing affected badly because of this malicious Trojan parasite, and you are unable to access most of the crucial system utilities.
The Manual Removal of Web.longfintuna.net
After getting your computer infected with the Web.longfintuna.net you have to think how to delete this lethal Trojan virus. There are manual as well as automatic methods available to get rid of this infection, and both methods are equally effective depending on your professional expertise. The instructions for the manual removal method are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you must start the infected computer in the safe mode top start the manual removal process. Press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to access the list of boot options. Once the boot options are visible, select the safe mode from the list and hit the Enter key to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is visible, you have to click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of the computer. Remove the following associated processes of the Web.longfintuna.net virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following suspicious files from the system files folder associated with the Web.longfintuna.net Trojan virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You must open the windows registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option available in the Start menu of your PC. Once the registry editor is accessed, you must remove the following corrupt entries associated with this lethal infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.longfintuna.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.longfintuna.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.longfintuna.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.longfintuna.net\DisplayName Web.longfintuna.net
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see the effect of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a full system scan through any updated antivirus software to remove the infections.