The Web.fun-prize.com popups is the latest variation of the series of the nasty browser hijacker developed with powerful technique. Once installed, it takes over your browsing activity completely, and drops other malicious programs, malware, and Trojans. This malicious application distributed through the freeware downloads, peer to peer sharing, live video streaming, junk mail attachments, and unsafe browsing. The system becomes drastically slow because of the presence of this infection as it consumes most of the system resources. It is also capable of removing important system files, and modify the windows registry if not removed in time. This nasty browser hijacker can infect all the versions of windows operating system including XP, Visa, Windows 7, and Windows 8. You cannot open the security related website, and some crucial system utilities also blocked by this nasty computer virus.
Removal of Web.fun-prize.com popups
The Web.fun-prize.com popups is a serious threat for overall security of your windows based system, and you have to remove it without wasting the time after confirming the presence. You can remove this virus with the help of any reliable automatic removal tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available that is only recommended to the advanced level users. The steps involved in the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can execute the manual removal process only if the system is running in the safe mode. Restart the computer to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, select the safe mode, and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and under the processes tab in the task manager window you can see the list of processes running in the system currently. Remove the following processes associated with the Web.fun-prize.com popups before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once the associated processes are removed successfully, you have to remove the following associated files of the Trojan-PSW.Win32.Tepfer.sika by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Web.fun-prize.com popups.lnk
- %Programs%\Web.fun-prize.com popups\Web.fun-prize.com popups.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Delete the registry entries created by the Web.fun-prize.com popups in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the Web.fun-prize.com popups before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.fun-prize.com popups\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.fun-prize.com popups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.fun-prize.com popups\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.fun-prize.com popups\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Web.fun-prize.com popups\DisplayName Web.fun-prize.com popups
Once the above mentioned steps are completed, you have to access the PC in the normal mode by restarting it. You have to run a complete scan on the system through the updated version of your current antivirus.