The WeatherBlink Toolbar is a malicious computer virus that can destroy your system permanently. This deadly dangerous parasite often sneaks into the system without getting permission from the users and remain resident for a long period of time if not removed effectively. This lethal toolbar virus installs as a Browser Helper Object (BHO) and always bundled with other parasites. Once installed, the WeatherBlink Toolbar changes the vital settings of your internet browser and modifies the home page, default search engine as well as the desktop background. You can see a number of new and unwanted icons on the desktop. This deadly dangerous toolbar virus often acts as a rootkit virus. This malicious application redirects all your searches towards certain unknown websites where you can get additional infections. This toolbar is used by the criminals to generate traffic, promote the affiliate products and make commissions.
The Manual Removal of WeatherBlink Toolbar
Once it is confirmed that the WeatherBlink Toolbar invades your system, you have to remove this virus completely. You can use any reliable automatic tool to remove this malicious toolbar infection. Besides that, you can also get rid of this virus manually. Keep in mind that the manual removal method is extremely difficult for the basic level computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You cannot remove this tricky toolbar infection manually until your computer is running in the normal mode. In order to start the system in the safe mode of operation, you have to use the F8 key repeatedly during the restarting of the system. Once you are able to see the boot options menu, you have to select the Safe Mode and hit the enter button.
Kill the Associated Processes
After starting the system in the safe mode of operation, you need to end the malicious processes related to this dangerous computer infection. In this regard, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager and hit the Processes tab to see a list of running processes. End the following processes that are considered as associated with the WeatherBlink Toolbar:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Removal of the associated data is the next step of the manual removal process. In this regard, you have to delete the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\WeatherBlink Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\WeatherBlink Toolbar\WeatherBlink Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Last but not least, clean the windows registry. Click on the start menu, select run, and type “RegEdit.exe” before pressing the Enter key to open the registry editor. Once you are able to see the registry editor, delete the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WeatherBlink Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WeatherBlink Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WeatherBlink Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WeatherBlink Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WeatherBlink Toolbar\DisplayName WeatherBlink Toolbar
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the infection is removed or otherwise. Besides that, you are required to update the existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan.