The Weather Channel App is a potentially harmful parasite that often sneaks in the windows based computers along with the other infections, and categorized as an adware virus. The Weather Channel App is developed with the advanced level coding due to which you cannot remove it with the traditional antivirus or anti spyware program. These types of adware infections often come when you try to download a useful application from an unknown source. This malicious application first records your browsing habits, and then display the pop-up ads relevant to your interests and browsing history. Besides that, the Weather Channel App infection makes the system super slow, and you will experience the frequent crashes as well as freezes. The overall efficiency of the computer also degrades because most of the system resources are eaten by this virus.
The Manual Removal of Weather Channel App
Once the Weather Channel App infection attacks the system, you have no choice but to delete this computer virus as quickly as possible. You have got a manual removal option as well as a number of automatic removal tools to remove this infection. Following are the instructions for the manual removal of the Weather Channel App parasite:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to access the boot options in order to terminate the normal mode of operation, and start the PC in the safe mode. This can be done by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once the boot options appear on the screen, you have to select the safe mode and press the Enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager and select the processes tab in the windows task manager where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. Find and delete the following associated processes of the Weather Channel App adware infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is to remove the following associated files of this malicious application from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Weather Channel App.lnk
- %Programs%\Weather Channel App\Weather Channel App.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to clean the windows registry by removing the modifications created by the Weather Channel App adware virus. In this regard, you have to run the RegEdit.exe command through the Start menu to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Weather Channel App\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Weather Channel App
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Weather Channel App\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Weather Channel App\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Weather Channel App\DisplayName Weather Channel App
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes. Run a complete system scan with an updated version of the current antivirus software.