The We-care.com is a dangerous virus that is categorized as an adware program. This malicious application can make your system completely useless. Once installed, it starts running the pop-up ads on the screen of the infected system every time you try to open your browser. These targeted ads are designed by keeping in view your browsing history and shopping preferences. Besides that, this malicious application redirects all your searches towards certain compromised web pages where you are encouraged to buy certain types of products and services from the unknown suppliers. You cannot surf on the internet as freely as you do before this infection, and you also cannot access some of the important functions of your computer. Another issue that you can face because of We-care.com is, it deletes some of the important data files from your system. The hackers use this program to track the browsing activities of the users, and steal their personal data.
The Manual Removal of We-care.com
Once you become the victim of this deadly dangerous adware program, you have to find a way to remove this virus immediately. There are both automatic as well as manual methods available in this regard. The manual removal of this virus has been extremely complicated yet possible. The automatic tools are also available easily. The instructions for manual removal of the We-care.com are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before going through the actual removal process you have to restart the system in the safe mode by using the F8 key while the system is restarted. When you see the list of options regarding booting, you have to select the safe mode and press enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this lengthy process is to get rid of the associated processes created by this adware. In this regard, you have to use the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to access the task manager, and select processes tab to see the list of running processes. Delete the following processes from that list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Find as well as delete the following associated files of this virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After deleting the files, you have to reverse the modification made in the windows registry by this adware. To access the registry editor you need to execute the regedit command through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find and remove the following suspicious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\We-care.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\We – care.com
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\We-care.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\We-care.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\We-care.com\DisplayName We – care.com
Restart the machine in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan after updating the antivirus program already installed on your computer to remove the infections caused by this adware.