The WajamUpdater.exe is an executable worm that has just recently been developed by the advanced level hackers in order to perform a number of harmful activities in the targeted computer. The WajamUpdater.exe is a type of computer infection that force the user to download a rogue application to clean the existing virus from this computer. This is a wisely designed trap for the innocent users by the cyber crooks to steal the money of the users and access their private information. You have to keep in mind that the WajamUpdater.exe is not actually a virus itself, but we can say it is a legitimate browser helper object that is used to promote some of the most lethal rogue infections. This malicious application always spread through the free software download, sharing resources on the network, and performing unsafe browsing. There are many other malware, and spyware is bundled with this application due to which your computer goes on high risk once this application enters in the system. Besides other symptoms, one of the obvious signs that your computer is under attack by the WajamUpdater.exe is, you will notice that the system becomes slow when you open your browser.
The Manual Removal of WajamUpdater.exe
Once it is confirmed that your system is victimized by the WajamUpdater.exe, you have to take quick measures to get rid of this tricky computer virus. There are manual as well as automatic options available to remove this virus. The steps involved in the manual removal of this lethal infection are detailed below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
First of all you have to operate the computer in the safe mode. This can be done by rebooting the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access to the boot options menu. After getting the access of the boot options, you have to select the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab to see the list of the running processes. You have to remove the following processes associated to the WajamUpdater.exe infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Open the file explorer and click on the system files folder on the local drive to remove the following corrupt files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor to remove the corrupt entries created in the windows registry. This can be done when you click on the start menu, select the Run option, and write “RegEdit” to open the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following malicious entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WajamUpdater.exe\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WajamUpdater.exe\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WajamUpdater.exe\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WajamUpdater.exe\DisplayName WajamUpdater.exe
Restart the system to see the effect of recent changes and run a complete system scan after closing the registry editor.