The W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06 is a recently developed and distributed computer virus that is recognized as a Trojan infection. Once the W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06 virus enters in the computer, it penetrate deeply in the roots of the system files to hide itself from the detection or removal through antivirus program. Once installed, this Trojan infection download the malicious files, and add startup keys in the windows registry which makes it able to start automatically everytime you open the system. In order to collect the sensitive information of the users, the W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06 redirect all the searches towards random websites. After gathering such confidential information, this infection transferred these details to the hackers who use it for the fraudulent purposes. You will face the performance as well as slowness issues in the system because of this infection, and you will also see the pop-up messages showing errors on the system. The system automatically shutdown or restart without your consent, and the behavior of the computer become weird. It has the ability of manipulate the searches to show the websites the developers want to promote.
The Manual Removal of W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06
Before start removing the W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06, you have to confirm the presence of this Trojan infection. The manual removal of the W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06 virus is extremely difficult yet possible; whereas the automatic removal is easier. The manual removal instructions of this virus are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the difficult steps of the manual removal process, you need to restart the system in the safe mode by using the F8 key and get the access of the boot options list. Once the boot options menu is accessed, select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the processes tab of the task manager window there is a list of processes running in the background of your PC. Kill the following processes related to the W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06 virus and close the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once the above mentioned steps are cmpleted, you have to remove the following files associated with the W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06 virus from the system files folder of your local hard drive:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select Run, and type “RegEdit” in the box to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor successfully, you have to find as well as delete the following malicious associated entries of the W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06 virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06\DisplayName W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06
Close the registry editor before restarting the computer , and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus program to remove the infections caused by the W32/Wabot!0D3289CB4C06 infection.