The W32/Singanutre is a malicious application that is classified as a Trojan horse, and used for fraudulent purposes. The W32/Singanutre virus always slips inside the targeted PC secretly when the user click on a corrupt social website link, uses a compromised removable device, or click on a suspicious attached file received through spam email. Once installed on the system, the W32/Singanutre changes the windows firewall, and disables the antivirus program which results in additional parasites inside the computer. You will notice that the task manager, and registry editor along with other important system utilities become inaccessible because of the presence of this infection. When you open your browser, you can see that the default browser is changed without your permission, and it becomes a mission impossible to open a website of your choice. Most of the times you will be redirected towards phishing websites where you are forced to click on the suspicious web links. The speed along with the efficiency of the system goes downward after receiving the W32/Singanutre in your computer which simply means, you will receive more system errors. This malicious application is also a serious threat for the privacy of your data.
Removal of W32/Singanutre
As soon as you realized the presence of the W32/Singanutre in your PC, your first priority should be removing this infection from the system either manually or by using any powerful automatic tool. The manual removal of this virus is also possible, but only recommended for the advanced level users that is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Boot the PC in the safe mode to proceed further in the manual removal of this Trojan horse. In this regard, restart the computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Select the safe mode from the list before pressing the Enter button to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager to see a list of system processes. and select the processes tab to see a list of processes. Remove the following associated processes of the W32/Singanutre before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer and proceed to the system files folder where you have to remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you need to access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. Delete the following suspicious entries associated with this nasty browser hijacker one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Singanutre\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Singanutre\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Singanutre\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Singanutre\DisplayName W32/Singanutre
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.