The W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266 is a hazardeous Trojan infection that is considered extremely dangerous for the privacy of the data and security of the system. This malicious application attacks the computers when users visit the compromised web pages, or click on the link received through spam emails. The W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266 is developed by the notorious hackers to trap the innocent computer users, and take their money away through online frauds. This lethal Trojan parasite keep changing its name as well as location to avoid the detection through normal security tools. You cannot detect this advanced level worm until it start showing its damaging signs. One of the obvious symptoms of the W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266 trojan infection is, your system starts acting weirdly, and the overall efficiency degrades. Once enter in the system, it will redirect all your searching efforts towards unknown websites for the commercial purposes. This malicious application also creates the privacy of data issues in the system, and disable all your security tools to bypass the detection.
The Manual Removal of W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266
Once your PC comes under attack by the W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266 trojan infection, you have to find an effective way to remove this virus swiftly. There are both manual as well as automatic removal options available to get rid of this Trojan virus. The manual removal steps are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove this virus by remaining in the normal mode of operation. You have to boot the system in the safe mode by restarting the computer, and using the F8 to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode option through arrow key, and press the enter button to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removal of the associated processes of the W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266 virus. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of running processes. Kill the following malicious processes before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After removing the associated processes successfully, you are required to delete the following malicious files that are associated with the W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266 virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by executing the “regedit.exe” command through Run option of the Start menu. Remove the following malicious entries after accessing the registry editor to clean the windows registry from the malicious modifications created by the W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266 infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266\DisplayName W32/Ramnit.a!185496F2D266
After completing the above mentioned steps, close the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode. Run a system scan after updating the current antivirus program to remove the infections caused by this Trojan infection.