The W32/Ramnit.a is an extremely dangerous Trojan virus that can cause severe damage to your system resources, and can create data privacy issues inside the infected machine. Once this malicious Trojan virus installed on the PC, it will completely sabotage the normal operation of your system, and make several unwanted changes in the system settings to take complete control of your browsing. The speed of the computer degrades as most of the system resources are utilized by this dangerous computer parasite. The W32/Ramnit.a virus can affect all the versions of windows operating system, and provide remote access to the cyber crooks to access your PC, and steal the most private personal details. This malicious application modify the windows registry by adding several corrupt entries, and hide itself deep in the roots of the system files to avoid any detection or removal effort through normal antivirus software. The W32/Ramnit.a infection keeps changing its names as well as location to disguise itself, and has the ability to replicate itself. The parasite spreads through downloading freeware, sharing resources, social media links, and clicking on the malicious links.
The Manual Removal of W32/Ramnit.a
Once you come to know that the system is compromised to the W32/Ramnit.a Trojan virus, you have to leave whatever you are doing, and remove this virus at your earliest. There are manual as well as automatic methods available to get rid of this infection. The instructions for the manual removal method are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to start the PC in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. Use the F8 key while the system is restarting to access the list of boot options. Once the boot options are visible, select the safe mode from the list and hit the Enter key to reboot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is visible, you have to click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of the computer. Remove the following associated processes of the W32/Ramnit.a virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following corrupt files from the system files folder associated with the W32/Ramnit.a infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to reverse the modifications created by the W32/Ramnit.a infection to complete the manual removal process. Open the windows registry editor by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following entries associated with this infection, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Ramnit.a\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Ramnit.a\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Ramnit.a\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32/Ramnit.a\DisplayName W32/Ramnit.a
Reboot the system to see the effect of the manual removal process. Run a full system scan through your updated antivirus program.