The W32.Tempedreve.E!inf is a malicious application that always sneaks into the system after disabling your security tools. The W32.Tempedreve.E!inf is classified as a Trojan infection that once gets in the system, it makes your computer extremely slow. It creates fake startup keys in the windows registry which make this application able to start automatically every time you start the system. Once installed, it modifies the home page, and search provider in your browser, and disables the system utilities. This malicious application is developed with root kit technology that hides itself deep in the roots of crucial system files. The W32.Tempedreve.E!inf is a redirect virus that keep diverting your searches towards phishing websites. This nasty Trojan takes complete control of all your browsing activity to dictate its terms. The hackers use this infection to gain the financial benefits.
Removal of W32.Tempedreve.E!inf
Once it is confirmed that the system is compromised to the W32.Tempedreve.E!inf Trojan infection, you have to decide which method is more effective to remove this virus. You can find a number of reliable automatic tools to eliminate this Trojan infection. Besides that, the manual removal of this Trojan is also possible. The instructions for the manual removal process are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to boot the infected system in the safe mode to proceed into the manual removal. Restart the computer, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. You have to choose the safe mode option, and press the Enter key once you are able to see the list of boot options on your screen.
End the Malicious Processess
You have to kill the associated processes of the W32.Tempedreve.E!inf in the next step of this complicated process. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background of your system. You have to remove the following associated processes of the W32.Tempedreve.E!inf: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to access the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following malicious files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
At the end, remove the corrupt associated entries of the W32.Tempedreve.E!inffrom the windows registry. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. By using the registry editor, you have to remove the following malicious entries related to this dangerous Trojan, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32.Tempedreve.E!inf\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32.Tempedreve.E!inf\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32.Tempedreve.E!inf\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32.Tempedreve.E!inf\DisplayName W32.Tempedreve.E!inf
Restart the PC in the normal mode to analyze the success level of your efforts. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through after updating your existing antivirus program.