The W32.Rogue.Gen is a nasty computer infection classified as a Trojan virus, and sneaks in the computers by using the holes in the security of the system. Once installed, the W32.Rogue.Gen modifies the browser settings on your system in order to gain the complete control of your online activity. There are many different ways through which you can get this infection inside your system including the social networks, bundled downloads, and spam email attachments. No matter how good antivirus you are using, there is always a chance that this nasty Trojan sneaks in the system, and performs a number of harmful activities. In order to avoid any detection effort, this Trojan virus hides itself deep in the roots of the system file, and keeps changing its places. This malicious application can crash your operating system modify the windows registry, steal the confidential details, and take control of your browser. Besides that, when it alters the windows firewall, the other parasites can easily enter in the system, and you are unable to open any application on the system. It also stops you from downloading any security related software on your PC.
The Manual Removal of W32.Rogue.Gen
After knowing that the W32.Rogue.Gen Trojan infection enters in the system, you have to delete this infection at your earliest in order to minimize the damage. There are reliable automatic removal tools available to delete this this malicious application within no time. The manual removal process consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process, you have to start your computer in the safe mode instead of the normal mode. Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options menu. Select the safe mode from the list appeared on the screen, and press the Enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of the manual removal process, you have to get rid of the associated processes of the W32.Rogue.Gen. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and remove the following malicious processes that you can see under the processes tab in the task manager window. Get rid of the following suspicious processes by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to access the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following suspicious files:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the corrupt entries created in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by opening the start menu, select Run and type regedit.exe. Delete the following associated entries of this lethal Trojan infection before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32.Rogue.Gen\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32.Rogue.Gen\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32.Rogue.Gen\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\W32.Rogue.Gen\DisplayName W32.Rogue.Gen
Restart the PC in the normal mode to analyze the success of the manual removal process, and select a complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.