The Vube.com pop-up ads is a dangerous computer threat that is categorized as a browser hijacker, and sneaks in the system without getting permission of the user. This malicious application is a powerful tool that immediately changes the windows firewall, browser configuration, and DNS settings. Besides that, the Vube.com pop-up ads infection modifies the windows registry by creating malicious startup keys, and disables some of the important system utilities to avoid the detection or removal. The Vube.com pop-up ads is an infection that is distributed by the hackers to earn profit by gathering information of the targeted users, and then use such information in the online frauds.
The Manual Removal of Vube.com pop-up ads
After knowing that the system is under attack by the Vube.com pop-up ads virus, you must take immediate steps to remove this browser hijacker. The automatic removal tools are available to delete this virus from the system easily. Besides that, the manual removal of the Vube.com pop-up ads virus is also possible yet extremely hard for the new users. The instructions for the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the complicated steps of the manual removal, you must boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the PC, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Once you can see the list, you have to select the safe mode option from the available choices before hitting the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to access the windows task manager in order to get rid of the associated processes of the Vube.com pop-up ads virus. There is a list of all the running processes available under the processes tab in the task manager. You must remove the following associated processes of this infection one by one through the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following additions in the system files folder that are considered as the associated files of the Vube.com pop-up ads infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\Vube.com pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Vube.com pop-up ads\Vube.com pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the malicious entries from the windows registry created by this lethal browser hijacker. Start the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select “Run”, and write “regedit.exe” before pressing the “OK” button. Remove the following entries by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Vube.com pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Vube.com pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Vube.com pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Vube.com pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Vube.com pop-up ads\DisplayName Vube.com pop-up ads
Close the registry editor to start the computer in the normal mode, and see the effectiveness of the manual removal method. Run a complete system scan after updating the current antivirus application to remove the infections caused by the Vube.com pop-up ads virus.