The Visual Match pop-up ads is a nasty adware that is installed on the computers as a useful application, but in reality, this is an advertising platform used by the hackers to promote low ranked websites, and unknown products. This infection can attacks all types of browsers including the IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Once installed, it start showing the countless number of pop-up alerts regarding commercial advertising campaigns due to which you are unable to surf on the web freely. Whenever you try to open a website, you will be redirected towards unknown websites. The search results are also manipulated by this infection in order to dictate its terms while surfing on the web. It modifies the default settings, and changes the home page without getting your consent. Besides that, it allows the hackers to access the financial information of the users remotely.
Removal of Visual Match pop-up ads
The Visual Match pop-up ads is a malicious browser extension that can cause severe damage if not removed in time. You can remove this infection by using the automatic removal tool method which can delete this infection completely within no time. The manual method is complicated and only recommended for the advanced level users that is described as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The instructions of manual removal process are executed when the system works in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and access the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. You have to select the Safe Mode option once the boot options appeared on your screen before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to remove the associated processes of the Visual Match pop-up ads. In this regard, access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes. Remove the following suspicious processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the processes, you have to remove the following suspicious files along with their folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Visual Match pop-up ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Visual Match pop-up ads\Visual Match pop-up ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to clean the windows registry by removing the unwanted additions made by this virus. In this regard, you have to execute the RegEdit command through the Run option of Start Menu to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Visual Match pop-up ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Visual Match pop-up ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Visual Match pop-up ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Visual Match pop-up ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Visual Match pop-up ads\DisplayName Visual Match pop-up ads
Close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode. If the virus is removed successfully, run a complete system scan through any updated antivirus software.