The Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T is a malicious application categorized as a deceiving Trojan infection, and developed by the notorious hackers to access the targeted computer remotely, and steal the precious information including the credit card numbers. This malicious application spreads through compromised websites, sponsored links, spam emails, infected removable storage devices, and p2p sharing networks. Once it enters in the system, you will notice that the speed of the computer slows down significantly, and you cannot load most of the applications. This nasty Trojan is capable of avoiding the most powerful antivirus software, and other security tools. Apart from above mentioned symptoms, it also destroys the important system files as well as alters the windows registry by adding the fake startup keys. The crucial system utilities such as task manager, and registry editor are disabled so that you cannot remove this virus through traditional removal methods.
Removal of Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T
The Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T is one of the most dangerous Trojan infection of the recent times that can be extremely lethal for the overall security of your system, and needed to be removed within no time. You can try any automatic tool through which you are able to remove this nasty computer infection within just a few minutes. Besides that, the manual removal of the Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T is also possible that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is extremely important that you should boot the infected computer in the safe mode before proceeding towards the manual removal process. Restart the machine, and while the system is restarted, strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the Safe Mode from the list, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you start working on your system in the safe mode, you can proceed to the next step of this process is getting rid of the associated processes. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes. Find and remove the following malicious processes associated with the Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You must remove the following associated files of the Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T along with their folders from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T.lnk
- %Programs%\ Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T\ Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the malicious entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal of the Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T. Access the registry editor by using the Regedit command that can be Run through Start Menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following corrupt entries, and close the registry editor :-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T\DisplayName Virus:DOS/Rovnix.T
Check the effect of changes you have made recently by restarting the computer in the normal mode, and run a full system scan after updating the existing antivirus.