The Virus.VBInject.gen!KA is a malicious application that installs on your computer without seeking permission from you or providing any information. Mostly this virus infects your PC when you visit unsafe websites, and click online anything on these already infected websites. Once this malicious virus installed on your computer, it changes all your settings, and modify the windows registry by including the associated keys in it, decrease the performance of your PC, corrupts your files, and changes the already saved files. Besides that, this malicious application can steal your personal as well as financial information such as credit card details, shopping passwords, and browsing history. Once it is detected in your system, you need to remove this dangerous virus as quickly as possible either through an automatic tool, or by following complicated manual removal steps.
Manual Removal of Virus.VBInject.gen!KA
If you are a computer professional or an advanced computer user, you can try the manual removal process of Virus.VBInject.gen!KA. For the novice computer users we recommend that they should use an automatic removal tool, because the manual process is extremely complicated, and the chances of success depends on the knowledge of the user.
Reboot Your Computer in Safe Mode
First of all you have to boot your computer in safe mode so that the processes, and files related to the Virus.VBInject.gen!KA can be terminated. You have to restart your computer, and continuously press F8 key while the computer is restarting. When the boot option screen appears, you have to choose the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key.
End the Processes
After starting the computer in safe mode, you have to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete to start the task manager. Click on the Processes tab, and find the following malicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
After finding the above mentioned malicious process, you have to press End Process button after right clicking the name of the process.
Delete Files and Folders
Once you are able to end the related processes, you can easily delete the associated and infected files from your system. Following are some of the malicious files that you need to delete in order to get rid of the Virus.VBInject.gen!KA.
When you locate these files through file explorer, just delete them as you normally delete any other file.
Clean the Windows Registry
Cleaning the windows registry is extremely important if you want to get rid of this malware on a permanent basis. You have to open the registry editor by executing the “Regedit” command on your computer. When you are able to start the registry editor on your computer you can view the registry entries available on your system. You need to locate the following malicious registry entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.VBInject.gen!KA\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.VBInject.gen!KA\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.VBInject.gen!KA\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.VBInject.gen!KA\DisplayName Virus.VBInject.gen!KA
When you delete each of the above mentined entry, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the computer.