The Virus.Vbcrypt.ET is a deadly dangerous virus that is categorized as a Trojan infection. This malicious application comes with the rogue security software to destruct the windows based computers in many ways. The Virus.Vbcrypt.ET enters in your system without your permission, and remains resident once it is installed. Once this application get access in your computer, your system starts working weirdly, and becomes extremely slow. You will also found that some of your important system files are missing, and changes important settings such as default browser, homepage, and desktop background. This virus is capable of changing your security settings, and disables your antivirus program due to which the backdoor is opened for the additional viruses. The hackers use this tricky Trojan application to steal your personal information along with the browsing history, and other important business data. All such information is used in the cyber crimes, and online frauds.
The Manual Removal of Virus.Vbcrypt.ET
Once it is confirmed that this malicious Trojan application enter in your system, you have to delete this application at your earliest. There are several powerful and reliable tools available that can remove this threat automatically, but if you like to do it manually, there are methods available in this regard. The manual removal methods are complicated, and not recommended to the novice users. Following are the detailed instructions for manual removal of this virus:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Restart the computer, use F8 key while the system is restarting to access the boot options, and select the safe mode option from the list to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab. Under this tab you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system from which you need to remove the following processes associated with this Trojan application:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and move to the system files folder to remove the following files associated with this Trojan infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Virus.Vbcrypt.ET .lnk
- %Programs%\ Virus.Vbcrypt.ET \ Virus.Vbcrypt.ET .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Reverse the modification made in the windows registry by this malicious application, which can be done with the help of the registry editor. Open the start menu, select the “Run” option, type “RegEdit” in the box before pressing “OK “ to open the registry editor. You have to find and delete the following malicious entries created by this Trojan:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus.Vbcrypt.ET \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus.Vbcrypt.ET HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus.Vbcrypt.ET \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS] [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus.Vbcrypt.ET \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\ [RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Virus.Vbcrypt.ET \DisplayName Virus.Vbcrypt.ET
Once the above mentioned corrupt entries are removed successfully, just close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal method.