The Virus.Vanti.dll is a recent addition in the list of deadly dangerous virus that attacked millions of the windows based PCs during the past few years. This malicious application often installed on your computer without your consent, and can make your system completely useless. This threat spreads through p2p sharing, visiting compromised web pages, sharing resources, removable devices, and spam email attachments. Like all other dangerous viruses, this application is also designed to steal your personal information that can be used for illicit purposes. Once installed, it has the ability to make your system extremely slow, and you will also experience frequent crushes, and freezes.
The Instructions for Removal of Virus.Vanti.dll
Once the computer becomes a victim of the Virus.Vanti.dll, you have to find a way to delete this virus from your system completely. You can remove this extremely tricky application by using any automatic removal tool, if you think manual method is too complicated for you; however, following are the instructions to remove this virus manually:-
Select the Safe Mode
First of all you have to terminate the normal mode of your computer by restarting it as in normal mode you cannot access the windows task manager and registry editor. While the system is restarting, you have to press the F8 key repeatedly unless you are able to see a screen where a list of booting options is available. You have to select the safe mode option, and hit the enter key to start your computer in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
Hold cCtrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Once the task manager is accessed, you have to click on the processes tab. Under the processes tab you are able to see a list of running processes where you need to find the following processes. When you select the following process you will see a button End Process which you have to click in order to remove this process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
You have to find as well as delete the following corrupt files associated with the Virus.Vanti.dll:-
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
In order to clean the windows registry from the malicious entries, you have to access the registry editor, because the changes in the windows registry can be carried only by using the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by going in the Start menu, select Run, and type “RegEdit” Command in the box. You have to find the following corrupt entries and delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.Vanti.dll\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.Vanti.dll\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.Vanti.dll\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.Vanti.dll\DisplayName Virus.Vanti.dll
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to restart the machine in the normal mode after closing the registry editor. Update your antivirus program before running a complete system scan on your system to delete the infections created by this virus.