The Virus.Obfuscator.ADU is a highly dangerous parasite which has the ability to make your computer completely useless. After installing itself on the computer, the Virus.Obfuscator.ADU has the ability to change the settings of your system completely. These settings may include DNS settings, browser settings, security settings, and redirects you towards certain compromised websites. This dangerous parasite is capable of disabling the installed antivirus program along with other security tools which opens the way for other parasites. Once it is installed, it has the ability to redirect all your searches towards the hosted website where you are encouraged to buy certain products. The Virus. Obfuscator. ADU presents itself as a legitimate application, but in reality, it is nothing more than bogus software which is aimed to steal your confidential details. This malicious application uses most of the resources installed on the infected PC due to which the performance along with the speed of the computer affected badly. Once you have discovered this parasite on your computer, you need to remove it without any kind of delay in order to save your computer and protect your information.
Manual Removal Process of Virus.Obfuscator.ADU
There are some automatic tools available that helps you in getting rid of the Virus.Obfuscator.ADU; however, you can also remove it manually. The manual removal process is difficult, and it is recommended for the advance level computer users and I.T professionals. Below are the steps and instructions which you need to complete in order to delete this malicious parasite from your PC manually:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
In the normal mode you are unable to delete this parasite from your computer; therefore, you have to restart the computer in safe mode. In this regard, you need to restart the PC, and use F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode options and hit the enter key to start your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the PC restarts in safe mode, now you can easily remove the malicious processes associated with this tricky parasite. You have to hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to start the task manager, and click on the processes tab to find and delete the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
After ending the related processes of Virus.Obfuscator.ADU, you have to find and delete the following files as well as folders that are considered as the associated files of this malicious application.
Delete Registry Entries
In order to clean the registry section of the windows you have to open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu, and delete the following registry entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.Obfuscator.ADU\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.Obfuscator.ADU\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.Obfuscator.ADU\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.Obfuscator.ADU\DisplayName Virus.Obfuscator.ADU
Once the registry is cleaned, you have to close the registry editor, and again restart the machine in the normal mode.