The Remove Virus Check Alert is one of the most dangerous rogue application that can destroy your system completely if not removed in quick time. It traps the novice users by showing that it is a legitimate antivirus program that helps you in clean your system and increase the speed of your computer. However, it is just a computer infection that can be deadly dangerous for your data privacy. Once installed, it start performing fake scans on the system and shows that there are a number of errors available in the system. When you try to fix those errors, you will be asked to buy the full version of this so called antivirus program. The Virus Check Alert has nothing to do with the security or speed of your system as it is just a tool for the hackers to steal your money along with the details of your credit card. Apart from that, it also makes the system extremely slow.
Removal of Virus Check Alert
After knowing that the Virus Check Alert is available in your computer, you have to get rid of this infection as early as possible. You can get rid of this infection with the help of any powerful automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal is also available that is extremely complicated for the novice users, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
These type of stubborn rogue infections can only be removed when you access the system in the safe mode. Restart the system, and press the F8 key while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options. Select the Safe mode option from the list by using the arrow keys and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once accessed the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager. After accessing the task manager, you have to click on the processes tab to remove the following associated processes of the Remove Virus Check Alert before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the Virus Check Alert from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Virus Check Alert.lnk
- %Programs%\Virus Check Alert\Virus Check Alert.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is important to remove the suspicious associated entries of this malicious application to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, open the registry editor by by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. You have to remove the following suspicious entries as quickly as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus Check Alert\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus Check Alert
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus Check Alert\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus Check Alert\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus Check Alert\DisplayName Virus Check Alert
In the end, you have to check the success of this process by rebooting the system in the normal mode. If the virus is removed, run a complete system scan.