The Virus. CeeInject. F is a malicious application that is installed on any computer without any prior consent or information to the user. This virus spreads through spam emails, unauthentic online offers, and unsafe browsing. Once this dangerous parasite installed on any PC, it can change the home page of the browser along with the other important browser settings. It remains resident in the background, and it can damage the sensitive system files. The basic purpose of developing this dangerous virus is to steal the precious information about the user such as credit card details, and shopping preferences. This information then transferred to the hackers and online criminals that are willing to use it in online frauds. This malicious application is a serious threat to the security of the infected system, and besides stealing the information; this is also used for the promotion of unauthentic products. Every time the user starts the windows, this application runs in the background which made it hard for the new users to delete this manually.
Manual Removal of Virus.CeeInject.F
Once it is detected in any computer, you need to delete this malicious application at your earliest. You can use any reliable automatic tool to get rid of the Virus.CeeInject.F, and if you think you can follow the complicated instructions accurately, you can also choose to remove it manually. In order to remove this virus manually, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do to get rid of the Virus.CeeInject.F is restart the computer in safe mode. This is not as difficult as you just need to restart the computer and press F8 button to see the boot menu where you have to select the safe mode option and hit the Enter button.
Kill the Associated Process
After restarting the computer in safe mode, you have to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab to find and delete the following malicious processes associated with the Virus.CeeInject.F.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
After killing the malicious processes, you also need to find as well as delete the following associated files of this dangerous Virus:-
Delete Associated Registry Entries
Once you are done with the files and folders, you need to clean the windows registry by starting the registry editor through “Regedit” command. Once the registry editor is started, you have to navigate to the following associated registry entries related to the Virus.CeeInject.F. Once you have found these entries, you need to delete them by selecting them one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.CeeInject.F\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.CeeInject.F\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.CeeInject.F\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Virus.CeeInject.F\DisplayName Virus.CeeInject.F
Once the registry entries are removed successfully, you need to close the registry editor, and start the computer in the normal mode to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process.