The VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB is a dangerous computer virus that has infected millions of computers in the recent years. Mostly this malicious application spreads through unsafe browsing, social media links, spam email attachments, and downloading freeware. This dangerous virus targets computer that are vulnerable, and once it entered into the system it modify many of the important files, and delete few sensitive system files. Resultantly, you will see that the computer starts behaving weirdly. Once enters in the system, it will capture most of the computer resources due to which you will face regular freezes and crashes. The browser settings also changed, and all your searches redirected towards unknown websites where you are asked to buy products from the unknown suppliers. This is actually a two way trap, if you buy the product, you will lose your money, and your confidential data such as emails, passwords, credit card details also transferred to these online criminals. Some hackers use this virus to promote affiliate products and generate traffic to their websites which is un-ethical.
The Manual Removal of VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB
Once you are assured that your system is compromised to the VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB, you need to remove this application quickly. You can get rid of this virus automatically with the help of any reliable tool or manually, but we recommend the automatic removal method for the basic computer users. The manual removal method steps are mentioned below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
First you have to reboot the computer in the safe mode by restarting the computer, and using F8 key during the restart to access the boot options list on your screen. Select the safe mode and hit the enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together and click on the processes tab to access the list of processes running in the background. You have to delete the following malicious processes associated to the VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
To remove the suspicious files you have to open the file explorer, and proceed towards the system files folder. Find and delete the following files from there with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Programs%\VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB \VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the Start button, select Run, write regedit, and press ok to open the registry editor. You have to find as well as delete the following suspicious entries by using the registry editor and close it after completing the removal process:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB \DisplayName VirTool:Win32/Injector.EB
Restart the system in the normal mode, and see the success as well as the effectiveness of the manual removal method, and run a complete system scan to remove the infections after updating the existing antivirus program.