The VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW is a dangerous virus which comes under the category of backdoor Trojan parasites. This malicious virus can cause massive harm to your computer by providing remote access to your computer to the cyber criminals. The VirTool:MSIL/ Injector.CW has the ability to take over the control of your system by changing the privacy settings of your system. This dangerous Trojan has the capability of redirect all your searches towards sites that are used to promote certain products and you are encouraged to buy these products. Once it is installed on any PC, it remains resident in the background, and every time you start your windows it will run automatically. Besides running the numerous pop-up ads, it can also harm your important data as well as sensitive system files. The VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW keep changing its locations to hide itself deep in the system files, and windows registry. Once it installed on any PC, it will run a fake scan, and threatens you to buy the licensed version of this software otherwise your system can be damaged.
Manual Removal of VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW
Once this dangerous backdoor Trojan is detected in your system, you need to get rid of this quickly. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available, but you can also use manual removal method to delete VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW from your computer. If you prefer the manual removal method, following are the steps that you need to follow:-
Restart the Computer in Safe Mode
The first step of the manual removal method is restarting the computer in safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the PC, and press F8 key to see the boot options. Once the boot options are available on your screen you have to select the safe mode which is first from the top and hit the enter key.
Kill the Associated Process
When your system restarts in safe mode, now you are able to stop the running processes. In this regard, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the task manager window. In this window you have to select the processes tab, and delete the following malicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete Files and Folders
After killing the malicious processes, you need to find as well as delete the following files and folders by using file explorer:-
Delete Associated Registry Entries
After deleting the files and folde4rs, you have to get rid of the corrupt registry entries created by this tricky backdoor Trojan virus. You have to start the registry editor by running the “RegEdit.exe” command, and navigating to the following registry entries to delete them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW\DisplayName VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CW
After deleting the above mentioned entries don’t forget to close the registry editor, and start the computer in the normal mode to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process.