The VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CU is a dangerous parasite that enters in the windows based computers secretly, and make these systems completely useless if not removed on time. Once enter, it immediately degrades the speed as well as performance of the infected computer. Even when you try to open or shut down your computer, it will take hours to complete the job. Besides that, you will also notice that the system is behaving weirdly. You can see a number of unknown icons on the desktop, and you will also see the messages as well as alerts about the errors in your computer. All these things are extremely annoying and do not allow you to perform your routine work on the computer. This deadly dangerous infection spreads through the unsafe browsing, p2p networks, outdated security tools, and with USB sticks as well as other removable storage devices.
The Manual Removal of VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CU
When it becomes obvious that your computer is compromised to the VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CU, you have to get rid of this virus at the earliest. In this regard, there are manual as well as automatic methods available. If you want to delete this virus manually, you have to keep in mind that manual removal is a complicated process that is mentioned below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the computer and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the options regarding booting. You have to select the safe mode option, and hit the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, the next thing which you have to do is, kill the malicious processes related to this virus. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the processes tab when the task manager window becomes visible. Delete the following malicious processes from this list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of the manual removal method is the removal of the files along with its folders that are associated with the VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CU. Following are some of the suspicious files that are hidden in the system files folder and needed to be removed quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\VirTool : MSIL / Injector.CU.lnk
- %Programs%\VirTool : MSIL / Injector.CU\VirTool : MSIL / Injector.CU.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you are able to get rid of the unrelated entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by using the “Regedit.exe” command that can be executed through the start menu. Remove the following associated entries of the VirTool:MSIL/Injector.CU:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool : MSIL / Injector.CU\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool : MSIL / Injector.CU
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool : MSIL / Injector.CU\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool : MSIL / Injector.CU\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VirTool : MSIL / Injector.CU\DisplayName VirTool : MSIL / Injector.CU
Close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see the effects of above mentioned manual removal instructions. Update the antivirus program and run a system scan.