The ViewPlay Ads is a dangerous variation of recently discovered adware infections that attacks the computers secretly without getting the consent of the user. This malicious application is purely designed to gain the commercial benefits through illegal and unethical activities. The ViewPlay Ads often installed on the system as a browser extension for Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers, and mostly this infection spreads through unsafe browsing, spam emails, p2p sharing of files, and live streaming of corrupt video files. The main trick of the hackers behind distributing this infection is access the personal details of carefully selected users, and uses such details to make money through online financial frauds. Besides that, this malicious application is capable of modifying the desktop background, home page, and default search engine. You are unable to install any new application on the system as long as this infection is available in the system.
Removal of ViewPlay Ads
Once the system shows the symptoms of the ViewPlay Ads infection, you have to confirm its presence before thinking of how to remove this virus. Besides automatic removal tools, there is a manual removal method also available. This manual process is a bit complicated that is only recommended to the experienced computer users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process is only started once you start the system in the safe mode. Restart the infected PC and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. After accessing the list of boot options, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key to open the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab to see a list of processes. Under this tab, you have to kill the following malicious processes associated with the ViewPlay Ads by using the “End Process“ button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step, you have to remove the associated data of the ViewPlay Ads infection. Following are the files hidden in the system files folder that you have to delete quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\ViewPlay Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\ViewPlay Ads\ViewPlay Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process only completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the modifications made by this virus in the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, delete the following entries associated with the ViewPlay Ads:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ViewPlay Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ViewPlay Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ViewPlay Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ViewPlay Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ViewPlay Ads\DisplayName ViewPlay Ads
Reboot the system once again in the normal mode, and if the virus is removed successfully, you have to run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus software.