The ViewPlay is an adware infection that arrives in the windows based platforms when the user performs unsafe browsing or opens a corrupt removable storage device. Once this malicious application sneaks in the computer, it start making forced changes in the system without providing any information to the user, and you will only know about this when things changed completely. The first change that you notice is in your browser settings when you see a whole new default browser. Besides that, you will also see lots of pop-up alerts on the main interface of your browser due to which it becomes almost impossible to perform routine tasks on the system. Most of your searches redirected towards unknown places, and all this activity is actually carried out by the hackers to gain the illegal financial benefits. Your system will be connected to a remotely hosted server from where your online activities will be monitored by these notorious cyber criminals.
Removal of ViewPlay
The ViewPlay is one of the most lethal adware programs of recent times that can cause permanent damage to the system if you failed to remove it in time. This malicious application can be removed automatically by selecting a reliable automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available which is complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The task manager and registry editor cannot be accessed by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to operate the system in the safe mode. Restart the PC, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe Mode, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you have to remove the associated processes of this adware infection. Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window. You have to find, as well as remove the following corrupt processes, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the ViewPlay from the system files folder with the help of Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Eradicate the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete this process. In this regard, access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK”. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the ViewPlay:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ViewPlay\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ViewPlay\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ViewPlay\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ViewPlay\DisplayName ViewPlay
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to check the availability of this malicious application, and do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus after successful removal of the virus.