The Video Download Converter Toolbar is a dangerous toolbar virus that is categorized as a browser hijacker and invades the system secretly. Once entered, the Video Download Converter Toolbar can make your computer completely useless. It immediately changes the important browser settings after getting installed, including the default search engine. All your searching efforts redirected towards unknown websites where you can get more infections. Besides that, you have to keep in mind that this malicious application is developed by the hackers to access your personal information in order to steal your hard earned money. Once installed, this browser hijacker degrades the overall performance of the system, and you will notice that the computer is behaving weirdly.
The Manual Removal of Video Download Converter Toolbar
After confirming the presence of the Video Download Converter Toolbar you have to left everything and learn how to delete this malicious browser hijacker. There are some reliable automatic tools available, besides that, you can also get rid of this virus manually. Following are the steps that you need to complete in order to get rid of this nasty browser hijacker manually:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
It is impossible to remove this malicious browser hijacker until you boot your system in the safe mode. Reboot the computer and use the F8 key repeatedly during the restarting of the computer. After accessing the boot options menu, you have to select the Safe Mode and hit the enter button to restart the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to end the associated processes related to this dangerous browser hijacker. In this regard, you have to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager and select the Processes tab to see a list of running processes. End the following processes that are considered as associated with the Video Download Converter Toolbar :-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of this long process is removing the following associated files along with their folders from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Video Download Converter Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Video Download Converter Toolbar\Video Download Converter Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, and run the “RegEdit.exe” command before pressing the Enter key to open the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following suspicious entries to complete the manual removal process:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Video Download Converter Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Video Download Converter Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Video Download Converter Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Video Download Converter Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Video Download Converter Toolbar\DisplayName Video Download Converter Toolbar
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the infection is removed or otherwise. Besides that, you are required to update the existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan to delete the infections caused by this virus.