The Veoh Web Player Toolbar is a malicious application that is designed in the shape of a browser toolbar. This infection is developed by Conduit Ltd, and it promises to provide some useful services such as video download, Facebook quick launch, and searching on the web. This toolbar makes you able to watch 30 minutes long videos on your browser. Once this infectious toolbar enters in the system, it is not easy to remove it, and when the user tries to remove this application, it will always receive a message that “the removal process cannot be completed”, or “you cannot uninstall the player”. Whenever you start the windows, this application automatically enables, and you will find that the browser becomes as slow as you cannot open any website. This malicious application is a resource eater that produces a number of error message to trap the users.
Removal of Veoh Web Player Toolbar
After knowing that the system is compromised to the Veoh Web Player Toolbar, you have to find an effective method to get rid of this infected toolbar. There are some automatic tools available to get rid of this nasty virus quickly. Apart from that, the manual removal of this toolbar is also possible that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the instructions for the manual removal, you need to open the safe mode operation. Restart the infected computer, and press the F8 key while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options. Select the Safe mode option from the list by using the arrow keys and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the sCtrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. Delete the following processes from the list before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to access the system files folder from the file explorer, and get rid of the following associated files of the Veoh Web Player Toolbar:-
- %Desktopdir%\Veoh Web Player Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Veoh Web Player Toolbar\Veoh Web Player Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries through the registry editor. In this regard, open the registry editor by by executing the RegEdit.exe command through Run option available in the Start Menu. Delete the following associated entries of the Veoh Web Player Toolbar, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Veoh Web Player Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Veoh Web Player Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Veoh Web Player Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Veoh Web Player Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Veoh Web Player Toolbar\DisplayName Veoh Web Player Toolbar
Access the computer in the normal mode to see the effect manual removal efforts, and run a system scan from the main interface of your computer.