The VBS/Dinihou.trf.22 is a destructive Trojan that is recently distributed by the cyber crooks to infect the personal computers all over the world. This dangerous Trojan can sneak into the system through an infected removable device, clicking on the junk mail attachment, visiting porn websites, and sharing the files on peer to peer networks. This malicious Trojan is deadly dangerous for your default browser, and can disturb your normal surfing sessions to a greater extent. After overhauling the browser settings completely, it starts redirecting you towards the unknown domains where you can easily get additional parasites. This Trojan infection gives the hacker a chance to invade the system remotely, and access your private information, including the passwords, emails, browsing history, and credit card details. It utilizes a high percentage of CPU resources due to which the speed, as well as performance of the computer reduced manifold. Besides that, it modifies the home page of your browser, DNS settings, and default search provider without your consent.
Removal of VBS/Dinihou.trf.22
The VBS/Dinihou. trf. 22 is a serious threat to the system resources, and data privacy. You have to remove this Trojan infection as quickly as possible to protect your system. There are some good automatic tools available that are quick, and easy; whereas, the manual removal method is a bit complicated for the novice computer users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Once you are able to boot the computer in the safe mode, you can start removing this virus manually. Restart the computer, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Hit the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list of options.
End the Malicious Processes
After start working in the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and hit the Processes tab where you can see all the processes running in the background. You just have to end the following corrupt processes, before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following associated files of the VBS/Dinihou.trf.22:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Normalize the windows registry so that the manual removal process can be completed. In this regard, access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK” button. Eliminate the following associated entries of the VBS/Dinihou.trf.22, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VBS/Dinihou.trf.22\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VBS/Dinihou.trf.22\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VBS/Dinihou.trf.22\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\VBS/Dinihou.trf.22\DisplayName VBS/Dinihou.trf.22
To check the availability of the virus, you have to reboot the system in the normal mode, and select the complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus.